Click HERE to register for a recorded presentation from industry experts Matthew Meyer and Lee Johnson from Wilson Sonsini on “The Search for Funding: What you Should Prepare Prior to your Pitch”.
In the hunt for financing, once you have done your research and secured VC introductions that lead to meetings, it’s time to prepare for the diligence and pitching stages. It’s vital that company founders prepare a pitch to meet VC expectations and create a compelling intellectual property and patent portfolio that will hold up to VC scrutiny and funding agreements. The steps required to prepare for VC meetings and partnerships can be daunting, so significant planning and preparation is key.
In this session, Wilson Sonsini contributors Matthew Meyer and Lee Johnson will discuss the importance of:
• Getting the best bang for the intellectual property buck — which translates into preparing a solid patent portfolio to move to the pitch stage
• Knowing venture capital expectations — what investors want to hear from you
• Effectively conveying your story with your pitch deck — creating a pitch that is meaningful, impactful, and relevant
• Overcoming VC objections and challenges
• Effective follow-up techniques
• What to focus on and what to avoid in creating a patent portfolio that will stand up to VC needs and partnerships
If you are interested in getting more insights from industry experts, also register to our 3rd Annual Start-up Symposium – a free, 3-day webinar event for Biotech Start-Ups.
- Modular Facility Proof-of-Concept for Multi-Modal Bioprocessing: an innovative solution - November 29, 2022
- Last chance: 3rd Annual Startup Symposium – Day 3 - November 10, 2022
- Participate TODAY: 3rd Annual Startup Symposium – Day 2 - November 9, 2022